A venue for sharing experiences and ideas concerning community volunteer work .

Sunday, September 2, 2012

WELCOME!

Hello, Fellow Volunteers! 

Welcome to the world of hard work, laughs, struggles, eye-rolling days, and rewards. 

I have been a part time volunteer for many years. As I got more involved with more organizations, through my children's activities and community opportunities, I became a full time, "career volunteer". 

I don't know about your situation, yet, but I am guessing it is a lot like mine. I started out helping others as a young mother with a kindergartener and a baby in the stroller. At Back-to-School night there was a sign-up sheet. When that child was in first grade there was another child in kindergarten, and a third in the stroller. By the time my oldest was in sixth grade, I had somehow gone from reading with in the classrooms once a week to being responsible for the school t-shirts, fund-raising carnival, and sixth grade graduation.

Now that first little boy is grown and married. I still put my name on sign-up sheets, but now I am helping others with city fund-raisers, college graduations, scout camps, and wedding receptions for the next generation.  


I am learning how to design and manage my first blog. This entry will be short and sweet. I hope to have interesting information for you, and I look forward to hearing about the ups and downs in your hours of service. Please feel free to take my volunteer poll, and to submit fun quotes for others to enjoy. 

~ E T

1 comment:

  1. My favorite volunteer quote is, "if not me, who? If not now, when? And if I am doing this only for myself, who am I?"

    ReplyDelete